Sunday, February 20, 2011

ARE YOU FEELING LOST?

Oookaay! So what's going on? We're nearing the end of february, have you dumped your new year's resolutions yet? You probably did that in mid January. Am I right?  I thought so!
Do you now feel down, tired and lost and as though life has become a series of broken promises that you made to yourself? This feeling can be especially strong this month when many of our resolutions that were so hopeful at the first of the year, have lost their shine.

Michelle Bernhart says it very well.
Braking a promise to ourselves can hurt our spirit, so it is very important to understand this process. We must be careful as we move toward our dreams. We must fight for our resolutions and sometimes resolve to do them more than once. This is the way it is. it is our process.

No one really tells us that feeling lost is part of the process of living a healthy and fulfilling life. In fact, feeling lost is something we usually feel bad about and would prefer to keep private. As january came in the need to attack our lives with focus and urgency was palpable. but what happens when instead of feeling on top of our game, we feel lost and out of sorts.

Feeling lost is not something that we are taught to accept or embrace. Instead it is something that makes us feel really uncomfortable. Although many of us have felt lost at times throughout our lives, we usually greet it with trepidation and fear.

Feeling lost is scary. We don't want to feel as if we have lost our way. We tend to like our lives to be in order and although we might long for something new and exciting to happen, we usually try and keep our lives somewhat predictable. However, as we grow and evolve our world does change and so does the terrain. It is normal to lose our footing especially when one is trying to live a life that is authentic and whole.

Feeling lost makes us hunker down and go within. Our ego breaks down a bit, which often gives us a new and more honest point of view. Our needs become more simple and pure. We remember what we really value, and what we need most in our lives. For a little while we may even feel humble and open to new thoughts and options. although we may want to hurry through this period, connecting fully with the experience may actually be helpful and enlightening.

No matter how hard we try, we can't bully our way through this phase. feeling lost tends to have it's own gestation period. something inside of us is growing and developing. What if we were to face this experience with trust and a new found respect, and understanding that we are really just re-routing our course? This is something bigger than our limited personality and is connecting us with our essential self. Could it be that there is something wiser and more profound than our own ideas and will? 
Sometimes we need to be wired and our limited personality pulled out of the way so that we can realign with our true self.

10 comments:

  1. I agree.
    I've been lost since I was seven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice post. I agree that it is important to understand that feelings of being lost, depressed, anxious, are part of the human condition and we should not panic and lose the messages that come with these feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed by the internet...
    Here I am feeling lonely, sad and lost to the core of my bones...
    And I decide to find an image that could express how I'm feeling. I do...and it leads me to your blog.
    I am not used to the "blogging thing" so, don't usually read them. But sad down and read it.
    Your words made me feel like you sat me down and acknowledge every thought and feeling going through me...
    I've been feeling guilty and ashamed for feeling the way I do now...people make it seem that it's a crime to feel this way or to break down.
    So, I am TRULY GRATEFUL for your word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Mercy. I'm very pleased this blog helped you in some way. Everyone , no matter who you are, has felt, lonely, sad and lost at some point in their lives and it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's all part of being human.
    All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear Misty, I'm so happy you found this and in some way was of help. All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete