Sunday, August 29, 2010

THE LADIES OF THE CASTLE


Let me introduce you to my 2 girls, Nikki on the left who will be 13 in Oct. and Lily on the right who is 4. They are West Highland White Terriers ( Westies). Don't let that cute look Lily has fool you, she's no push over, she's THE BOSS. 
They let me know, as soon as dinner is over,  it's time for their daily jaunt into the wild wild Paradise out there, just waiting for them to explore. If I'm not fast enough to get out the door, Lily will bang on the shutter doors, turn over waste baskets and launch her body at me to let me know she wants out! Then, the fun begins! Watch out world...here she comes! She's most definitely the leader of any gang. Doesn't miss a thing along the way. Sniffs everything in sight, and ready to chase lizards, birds, squirrels, cats, dogs, anything that moves. To her dismay, she can only go as far as the leach lets her.
She does love to please.  
A little story here: 
We have a lot of garden areas in the yard. Lots of trees, flowers and flowering shrubs....so lots of birds. Lots of birds ...lots of bird nests. 
One day a little baby bird was trying out it's wings for the first time. She flew down to the ground for a rest.  Lily spotted the baby and at the speed of lightening grabbed it with her mouth.  I screamed to her to drop it! Lily looked up at me immediately and dropped the baby bird a little dazed but unharmed. I was amazed! Now if it would have been Nikki, she would have quickly tried to kill it before I had a chance to save the bird.

2 comments: