Friday, September 3, 2010

THE FRESH DIET MEALS DESERVING OF A GARDEN SETTING



TODAY'S FRESH DIET MEALS




Looking at today's scrumptious FRESH DIET meals, I'm thinking...garden setting.  Beautiful refreshing Fresh Fruit Salad with juicy Mango, crisp White Grapes, Pear, Honeydew that's so sweet, it makes me want to sing, and my favorite berry of all, Strawberries, with a wonderful topping of Coconut Cottage Cheese.


As for today, the garden setting will have to wait for lunch. I couldn't wait, I'm dining on this delectable Fresh Fruit Salad as I'm writing this blog. Hahaha! After taking this photo, I snatched a strawberry and enjoyed it so much, one piece of fruit led to another. So here I am enjoying every morsel.


Aaaah lunch! What's my favorite food of all? Salmon! As you can see in the photo, lunch is a Salmon Ceasar Wrap on Spinach Tortilla with Romaine Lettuce & Ceasar Dressing. Beautifully prepared by my world-renowned Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute Executive Chef Yosef Schwartz's Los Angeles Team.  Since this dish has bread involved, and I love all my breads toasted, I will briefly toast it on my grill. This wrap is so delicious and the salmon so tender, I've got to sit in my ROSE garden and enjoy every moment of it. As you probably can tell by now, I'm a foodie.
Since I've let you in on my lunch, I'll give you a peek at some of my ROSES. Since these photos were taken very early in the morning, they have marine layer mist on them.
( you may click on each photo to see a larger view)




The top photo, The rose is called LOVE. Can you just see why!  It's unusual where white is outside of the petal and red is inside. There's a little story behind this rose bush. 
A few years ago when I was visiting my neighbor, she had had a recent surgery at the time,  and her friends had given her lots of plants and flowers.  I noticed a dead looking potted rose in her trash, that she had thrown out. I told her it might not be dead. She said it most likely was. Seeing that I was so interested in saving it, she gave it to me, again telling me it was a waste of my time. I brought the poor thing home with me. I planted it, it really looked dead! I stubbornly watered it, fed it, and babied it. Slooowly, very slooowly, it came back to life. Now, it's taller than I am. I feed my darlings, every six weeks and prune them religiously.  I've planted my flowers in gardens that can be seen from every window in the house.  The first thing I see when I wake, are beautiful flowers. It's a great way to start my day.


This one, called Joseph's Coat, can be seen from the kitchen window, as well as one of the bedrooms.  Joseph's Coat has many colors. As a bud, it looks red, as it opens, the colors are more dark orange and yellow with a tinge of red. Joseph's Coat is worthy of a painting.


What can I say about this one... delicate beauty...it just doesn't do it justice!


Wow! What else can I say! This one I can see from at least four windows. That brings sunshine to my day. All this gardening , even though it has compromised my back, was worth it and still is. 


This little beauty can be seen right from my bed!! First thing I see in the morning. Just enough to put a smile on my face, get me out of bed, ready to start my day in a very good mood. La Vie en Rose! Mais oui!


This one looks so feminine, so delicate, very pink! A real beauty.


Here's my peppermint stripe rose. Close up, it actually looks like a painting! This one can be seen from two windows. This is a climber, like the Joseph's Coat.
This is where I sit for lunch. I painted this table red, I thought it would add interest to the garden. It was getting all rusty and I had to really brush it first with a metal brush before painting it last spring. Here in the next photo you can see part of it. The next photo was taken in the very early spring, could have been late winter, it's hard to tell around here. Flowers are almost always in bloom!
I guess you can't see all the raised paint on this table, the worst was the other half that is not showing. In any case it came out good. Like new!  As for my snack today I had it in the potting shed...I had a lot of work that had to be done in there. While I get that photo, let me show you a few more roses.



This rose, which is by the front gate is called, Double Delight. You can see why!

                The next rose can be seen from the bedroom window.
  Snack was a delicious Vanilla Pecan Pudding and since I was very busy in the garden today, I had it in my work area, the potting shed. I also painted the whole potting shed in the spring, it truly needed it. Here's a photo of it.

                                                                                
Do you like the Jasmine Vine that I planted on the potting shed? It's soooo fragrant, it wafts right into my bedroom window, which is across from it.


Dinner is a wonderful Filet of Salmon with Spiced Pomegranate Sauce with Rosemary Carrot Mash and Sauteed Kale. As you all know by now, this is one of my favorite meals. The Salmon was so very tender again and the Carrot Mash was very fragrant. It reminded me of the Rosemary in my own garden. 
Did you know that Rosemary here in CA grows so well? It's a perennial that grows into a bush! I have a lot of those in my yard. It's a very fragrant yard!! 
Getting back to dinner, The Kale is one of my favorite vegetables. THE FRESH DIET Team does such a geat job preparing it.


Dessert is Raspberry Cheese Cake. This is a special dessert. As far as I'm concerned, it should be eaten in a very special environment. It's really delicious anywhere but why not dine on it in an environment like in the next photo.
     California has such beautiful SUNSETS, the beach is a great place to bring my cheese cake and enjoy both at the same time. 
 This has been a day in the life of my FRESH DIET MEALS. I wonder what tomorrow will bring!


8 comments:

  1. WOW!!! All I can say is you have created Heaven here on earth. Just majestic!!! I can just smell the roses. What an amazing gift you have to grow these beautiful flowers. I love that!!! Much love to you Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna, for the lovely comment. Lots of work involved. The whole yard Is a garden, front and back. Killed my back doing it, but I love gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some difficulty gardening now not only because of my back but I had an unforgiving elbow injury that left me with limited use of my right arm. I deal though and still try to use it. I can only dig little holes for small plants. Can't dig big holes anymore with my right hand/arm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the flowers...so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tina, That's just a small part of the backyard. About 13 years of gardening all around the house. Sooo much work for me now. I also paint everything I can get my hands on, clay pots, birdhouses, rocks, old plastic yard chairs and put them in my gardens. Lots of wind chimes, I love hearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so fun! LOL! I bet it would be great to hang out with you! I love your writings so full of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I love your "name"!! I am full of energy and love adventure!

    ReplyDelete