Tuesday, September 14, 2010

THE PERFECT COUPLE

               THE FRESH DIET & WATER

                                        


                                                                                    
First of all, let me tell you about today's FRESH DIET meal. Breakfast was Toasted Granola with Diced Pears & Honey Almond Ricotta Cheese.  I love this breakfast, the best Granola I've had and a very satisfying way to start my busy day. 
Lunch was a very tasty Reuben Style Deli Wrap with Smoked Turkey Breast, Swiss Cheese, Baby Lettuce & Thousand Island Dressing. I love this wrap. I always toast my wraps on a dry non-stick grill. It's very tasty with the tortilla crispy and the melted cheese inside the wrap. UUMMM love it!  
The Snack was a Pistachio Crusted Chocolate Dipped Fig, which was as juicy as the figs right out of my backyard Fig tree! The chocolate on it is the best. The nuts add a nice little crunch.
Dinner tonight was a very generous  portion of Grilled Chicken Breast with Apricot Curry Sauce with Steamed Snow Peas and Steamed Asparagus.  I just love how THE FRESH DIET cooks their veggies to a crunch. Never overdone!  
Tonight's Dessert is a fresh Papaya Cheese Cake. It was so silky smooth and just melted in my mouth. Uummm love it!
Today's meals were very delicious and of course the best drink to go with them is water.

                              THE PERFECT COUPLE...THE FRESH DIET & WATER

As THE FRESH DIET has been trying to impress upon you every now and then, drinking water is important if you're trying to lose weight. Some studies have shown that thirst and hunger sensations are triggered together. If there is a slight dehydration, the thirst mechanism may be mistaken for hunger and one may eat when the body is actually craving fluid. As most food contains some water, if one doesn't drink much, they may be subconsciously driven to eat more to gain the necessary water supply, however, you also gain the undesired effects of increased calorie consumption. Drinking more water can help to prevent overeating and benefit weight loss.
All functions within the body require the presence of water. A well hydrated body enables these functions to occur quickly and efficiently. All chemical processes involve energy metabolism and drinking plenty of water will make us feel more energetic and boost our metabolic rate.
Water makes your metabolism burn calories 3% faster. Soooo DRINK UP!!!

Health Benefits of drinking water 

  • regulate appetite
  • increase metabolism
  • boost energy levels
  • less water retention
  • alleviate some headaches
  • help reduce blood pressure
  • help reduce high cholesterol
  •  ease joint pain
  • decrease in risk of some cancers
  • less chance developing kidney stones
  • release toxic waste products
  • improve skin

Brenda Davy, PhD, an associate professor of nutrition at Virginia Tech and senior author of a new study says that drinking just two 8-ounce glasses of water before meals helps people melt pounds away. People who drank this amount before eating a meal ate between 75 and 90 fewer calories during the meal.

Personally, I found that to make it easier to drink more water, it helped to use colorful glasses. A pretty color made it more appealing.


Whatever works for you, just remember THE FRESH DIET & WATER are THE PERFECT COUPLE.



9 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog carol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tina, it's good therapy, especially during this tough week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent been reading but have just started recently and will continue especially after I stop receiving TFD in 2 weeks ;-(

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog, Carol.
    Most people don't have this knowledge.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jodi, thank you for taking the time to read my blog. i try to keep it interesting and colorful.
    I'm sorry to hear you only have a few weeks left on TFD! It's so good for you, keeps you in shape and healthy. I can't put a price tag on that. I've cut back on other things instead. I hope you can find a way to continue. At least you can enter all the contests.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you like the blog, Larry. You're my favorite guy.
    Big hug & lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to see you here "Sis Boom" I always like to get your comments. I must tell you, you have a talent with photoshop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to go drink some water right now! three percent faster metabolism--count me in. Thanks, Carol!!

    ReplyDelete