Friday, April 1, 2011

The Fresh Diet Meals Review & Photos of Friday, April 1, 2011

"IN THE BAG"

It was another warm and sunny 80 degree day. Great to welcome in April 1st, April Fool's Day! I couldn't help myself, I had to do a little foolin' around. I'm just a tease! I never lost the files or took off with some dude! 

We all had fun on The Fresh Diet Facebook page, even The Fresh Diet pulled off a few good ones. Doctors recommend getting 12 laughs in per day to stay healthy, so I hope that you get your daily dose.

In this photo, I'm hugging my niece's son. It was taken during my first visit back to Massachusetts after moving to California. Uh-huh, that was a few years ago! It's nice to look at old photos of yourself, once in a while, to remind yourself you were once younger.  Hahaha! I'm singing "These Are The Good Old Days" right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDJ_Mz8ftqI

Today's meals from The Fresh Diet were truly super. Salmon was one of the choices for lunch and one of the choices for dinner. I'm such a salmon lover from way back, I had to make it a salmon day!


BREAKFAST


WHOLE WHEAT CINNAMON WAFFLES with FRESH MANGO & MANDARIN ORANGE RICOTTA CHEESE was my breakfast choice. TFD makes delicious waffles and topped with fruit and ricotta really puts a smile on my face. The mango is always a favorite with me. I sometimes envision my self in the tropics eating this fruit. I love the sweet-tart taste and the smooth texture. Ricotta with little bits of mandarin orange is always pleasing to my palette.


LUNCH


This is an amazing burger!! Awesome! Superb! Scrumptious! Magnificent! I could go on and on. It's a SALMON BURGER on WHOLE WHEAT BUN with YELLOW TOMATO, LETTUCE, & DILL AIOLI. Ooh I'm in the zone when I dine on this. The salmon patty is so tender and juicy and the fresh yellow tomato and lettuce just adds to it. The dill aioli just brings this whole gastronomical experience to new heights. I'm looking forward to the next one!


SNACK


I took a break this afternoon and went into the gazebo, in the garden, for this gourmet snack of GRILLED JUMBO SHRIMP with CHERRY TOMATO & COCKTAIL SAUCE.  There are two cherry tomatoes in that glass. The sun is reflecting off the glass blocking the bottom tomato. They were both delicious. Best of all were the succulent shrimp which I dipped in the mouthwatering cocktail sauce. This is always a winner with me. No foolin'.

DINNER


FILLET of SALMON with CHILI PINEAPPLE SAUCE with SAUTEED BABY BOK-CHOY and STEAMED BROCCOLI. Just looking at this dinner makes my mouth water all over again. It's so appealing to the eye. I always choose salmon. I love it!

Salmon is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids benefit the heart of healthy people, and those at high risk of — or who have — cardiovascular disease. Research has shown that omega-3 fatty acids decrease risk of arrhythmia (abnormal heartbeats), which can lead to sudden death.  Omega-3 fatty acids also decrease triglyceride levels, slow growth rate of atherosclerotic plaque, and lower blood pressure (slightly). These are good reasons to choose salmon.

 The Fresh Diet prepares it so well. It's sweet and tender and this sauce is so tasty, full of fresh pineapple and chilies for spice. Délicieux! The broccoli was perfect. Bright green and just cooked to a crunch. I usually like bok-choy stir-fried for just seconds. This one was cooked more and it was soft. It was still good that way. It was a perfect meal to end a busy beautiful day.


DESSERT


My favorite dessert of cheesecake, this one STRAWBERRY BANANA CHEESECAKE, was enjoyed outdoors waiting for the sunset. It was very fluffy and silky smooth. I savored this one and tried to make it last.

It's interesting to see the difference in lighting in these photos, from early morning, noon and afternoon sun and then the early evening light.


Opening Day at the Ballpark, and some of you still stayed "in the bag".  I'm so very proud of you!  Continue "in the bag", drink lots of water and don't forget the exercise. I'll want to hear from you again tomorrow. You are a good example for your children, family and friends. 

I'll see you Saturday on TFD Facebook and we'll have a good time then.

xoxo
Carol













No comments:

Post a Comment