Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Fresh Diet Meals Review & Photos of Sunday, April 3, 2011





"IN THE BAG"

In this photo, taken several months ago, I'm in my gardening duds, getting ready for a day's work in the garden. Getting my meals delivered to me from The Fresh Diet has given me so much free time to do the things I love. I've also gone back to lots of art projects that used to be put on the back burner. What I call my "creative juices" used to flow, I just never had much time to act on them. Now I can even go back to creating greeting cards or whatever else I want to paint.

Today is Sunday and it was the last day for me to host the "in the bag" contest for The Fresh Diet. I can say I had a lot of fun hosting. Hopefully I did my duty well enough to encourage you to stay "in the bag", drink enough water and exercise. As far as staying in the bag, The Fresh Diet makes that so easy, delivering delicious gourmet food, and freeing us from shopping and cooking and all that is involved with preparing healthy meals.

I'm very proud of all of you who have taken part. You did very well. Now on Monday, I am giving the reins to Jodi M. Z. Continue your progress to a leaner healthier body. Your family, who love you, will appreciate it and you are being a good example for them.


BREAKFAST

ASPARAGUS TARRAGON SOUFFLE OMELET with GRUYERE CHEESE & ROASTED CHERRY TOMATO was my breakfast today. This breakfast doesn't only look amazing but it was a scrumptious breakfast. The omelet was tender and the asparagus was just cooked to a crunch and so fresh. My own garden couldn't have given me any fresher than this. The gruyere is one of my favorite cheeses. It gave this omelet a sensational flavor.  Cherry tomatoes are so red and always look so inviting and tantalizing, I couldn't wait to pop one in my mouth, bite down to experience the burst of flavor so sublime. This was a wonderful treat.



LUNCH

Lunch was MAPLE GLAZED HAM SALAD with DICED PEARS, TOASTED WALNUTS, DRIED CHERRIES, BABY LETTUCE & RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE. I took my time and enjoyed this salad. I actually toasted the walnuts again. The wonderful aroma filled the kitchen and brought the other members of the household rushing in to see what was cooking, one of which was the family pet. She had her nose up in the air sniffing away! Toasted walnuts are always a good addition to salads, so are plump dried cherries. These were the best, so mouthwatering and sweet. Whenever I eat ham, I'm always reminded of the large family gatherings I would have around my dining table for a holiday meal. This ham was tasty, the greens were fresh and crisp. A few pieces of juicy pear topped the whole delectable salad. It sure was yummy!


SNACK

This was an ORANGE POPPY SEED OAT MUFFIN which I had to choose for my snack because it was oat and I love oat muffins. It was heavenly topped with a piece of mandarin orange and poppy seeds that gave it some crunch. Before devouring this tid-bit, I toasted it. It was super with a cup of hot green tea.



DINNER

Doesn't this look tantalizing! FILET of SOLE with LEMON CAPER SAUCE with BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUREE AND SAUTEED GREEN BEANS. What a wonderful meal! The fish was very moist and tender, topped with capers (today there was one, but usually I get several) and a lemony sauce that was delicious. I sprinkled a little nutmeg on my butternut squash puree. I can never have enough of this delicious side, it's that tasty. I found myself savoring the green beans, they too had a fresh garden taste and were cooked perfectly. Altogether this was quite enjoyable. The dinner smelled so good my westie was actually crying at my feet for my dinner. She had already been fed!




DESSERT

WILD BERRY CHEESE CAKE!! Yum! This one was baked a little longer than usual, but it wasn't dry. It was still creamy enough to make my taste buds sing. The berries were flavorful and the crust so good it was gone before I new it. Goodness!! I should have savored this. Now it's just a memory.


This concludes my week-long show & tell of my FRESH DIET meals. Of course I'll still post photos of my meals on The Fresh Diet Facebook page. You'll always see some of them here as well, along with a few inspirational posts.

See you on The Fresh Diet Facebook. We always have a good time there.

xoxo
Carol







No comments:

Post a Comment