Thursday, August 4, 2011

PONDERING LUNCH?

As noon rolls around are you starting to ponder lunch? Where to eat today and what, maybe with a friend, co-worker or do you prefer to eat alone? Do you go through this routine EVERY day. Or, are you one of those who just decides to skip lunch, sneak in a candy bar (You know you do!) and work until dinner. I bet you eat at your desk!
Do you painstakingly prepare your lunch every evening and bag it to  work? Do you drop by the supermarket and grab (heaven forbid!!) one of those kid's Lunchables? You know very well which ones I'm talking about. The little square package with the tiny pile of cold cut slices, little cheese squares, a few crackers, and sometimes may hold a juice or tiny fruit cocktail. These are designed for children. Maybe you have lunch at the cafeteria at work; maybe you've gotten bored with that scene and now rush to the nearest Cluck Bucket or whatever! You do know that those hips and that waistline are expanding from all those unhealthy take-outs don't you?

I may be small, but I have a hefty appetite! When I wake up in the morning, I'm starving! The other day I showed you some beautiful photos of some of my breakfast choices from The Fresh Diet. Photos similar to the following:
Exotic Mushroom Quiche
Steak & Egg Burrito

I find that The Fresh Diet is so easy to do! I don't have to painstakingly prepare anything! I don't even ponder lunch anymore. All these wonderful meals are delivered to my front door everyday of the year. They even come in a pretty insulated bag with ice packs, so I can just pick it up and bring it anywhere. 

With The Fresh Diet,  lunch is certainly never boring. There's so much to choose from! Somedays when it's too hot,  it's so refreshing to just munch on a salad.  My salads from The Fresh Diet are so FRESH I think that Chef Ray might be doing his shopping at the Farmers' Markets and selecting their just picked produce. Just take a look at some of these and tell me what you think?

Whether it's a delicious Grilled Jumbo Shrimp Salad or


A Steak Salad or

Pistachio Crusted Goat Cheese

Turkey Breast Salad or

even a Chicken one

or my favorite Wasabi Salmon,
the greens, and veggies as well as the fruit in them are so crisp, fresh, juicy and mouth-wateringly delicious. There are so many more salads to choose from. TFD does not skimp on variety gourmet fare. Speaking of gourmet, just take a peek at this little number for lunch.

Cajun Shrimp Stuffed Portabella Crowns with Balsamic Reduction Sauce


This is one of Laurence's favorite. I think he's addicted to their Portabella mushrooms! The TFD Shrimp are nothing to sneeze at, they are always tantalizing and cooked or grilled to perfection. As for Shrimp, besides the Salad I love the Grilled Shrimp Caesar Wrap with Romaine Lettuce & 
Cucumber on a Sun-Dried Tomato Wrap. Just look at that whole Shrimp in that wrap! Doesn't it make you salivate!  I always savor this one and the Shrimp is so FRESH, I can picture myself sitting in some little cafe, in a little fishing village in the Gulf of Mexico, enjoying the ocean breeze, as I eat this. The next choice I love brings me right to the produce farms all over California.
Roasted Veggie & Goat Cheese Wrap on Whole Wheat Tortilla. Now this is a vegetarian's delight! It's so scrumptious with a garden-fresh taste. I can enjoy a wonderful variety of wraps, soups such as the Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup with Black Beans, Bell peppers, and Tomato, just the best! If i feel like fish, I can choose from Mahi-Mahi, Tuna, Crab or Salmon. Sometimes I choose a Grilled
Chicken Breast on Whole Wheat Cibatta with Celery Sticks & Pistachio Pesto. This is a delicious and satisfying sandwich with a pesto bonus! There's such a huge variety to choose from on The Fresh Diet; this is a very small sample of choices. It couldn't be easier. Just take your TFD bag where ever you'll be for lunch. It's that simple. So, I'm grabbing my bag and taking off with my man and my dog and going for a picnic lunch at the beautiful harbor in my town, and I'm also including this very tasty snack with me because I plan on going for a very long walk.
What is this you say? Cherry Oatmeal Cookies of course!
BONJOUR!
xo














No comments:

Post a Comment