Thursday, December 30, 2010

ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS



In achieving your goals you need to be DECISIVE. Each decision affects what you become. We form our decisions and our decisions form us. The smallest choices are important, over time, their cumulative effect is enormous. Never overlook the obvious: The nature and direction of your life change the instant you decide what goals you want to pursue. Dream it. Plan it. Believe it.
A decision is never made only once.
A decision to lose weight and keep it off must be made every time you feel hungry.
This brings you to STAY FOCUSED! Focus creates a powerful force. The more focused your energies, the more power you generate.

 WRITE DOWN your goals. This is for your eyes only. If you want to lose weight, for example, write down that you want to be a HEALTHY WEIGHT, xxx pounds. You know extra weight can cause all sorts of disease. This year you want to be healthy.

PLAN THOROUGHLY. Of course, the easiest way would be to go on The Fresh Diet. Everything is done for you. You just order it and eat it. Otherwise a good plan is NOT to buy JUNK FOOD, stay away from FAST FOOD. Eat FRESH, SMALLER PORTIONS. Cook your own food instead of going out.

INVOLVING OTHERS helps you to maintain your goal and to stay on track. Laurence and I are both on The Fresh Diet. We are helping each other to maintain our weight and to stay healthy. We help each other not stray from that way of life. Since we adhere to The Fresh Diet, we have many many "Fresh Diet team members" for support. These are just a few of them.

                                                                
                                                                  
 Remember if you "SLIP UP" on one of your goals. That's o.k. Maybe you need to adjust, it's a step along the way to success. Just make sure to recognize that it wasn't a lack of effort.
This is where you take PURPOSEFUL ACTION. Don't procrastinate. I've been told so many times that that's the mother of regret! Don't postpone, cancel, and miss out on the opportunity.
You'll never attain your goals simply by thinking or talking about them. TAKE ACTION! 


INSPECT what you expect. This tells you where you are in relation to where you want to be, and how you are doing in the process of pursuing your goals. Evaluate whether the actions you are taking are going to produce the results you desire. Remember to pace yourself.

REWARDING yourself is a good idea. Now if you break up your goal into little chunks, for example, you want to lose weight and break it up into 5 pound increments. You'll go broke rewarding yourself at that rate, if your rewards are costly. You could always give yourself some quiet time and read a good book, or listen to music, take a bubble bath. Spend quality time with a loved one. Anything that gives you pleasure. 


Always be true. PERSONAL INTEGRITY starts from within. Don't let others dissuade you from your goals or the tasks required to reach them. Believe in yourself. You have to envision yourself reaching your goal. See yourself mastering the task in order to complete your smaller goals and imagine how good you'll feel when you finally reach your coveted goals. Always be true to yourself and your personal integrity will never waver.  

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful.

    I am going to be better at keeping a personal journal for 2011 (not just my blog) for my feelings and thoughts as I go through some goals I have set for myself for 2011. If some of it ends up on my blog so be it - but it will be in black and white (and maybe blue) in my own handwriting throughout the year.
    I think my first post will be to include each of these "steps" to look back on over the year if I need more encouragement to keep going.

    Thank you for these words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kat! I'm so happy that I was able to help someone. Good luck to you in the New Year. You deserve all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Carol~ Thanks for including my photo...I love you! You are such an amazing support in the TFd family FB wall. I look to you and so many for support. I thank you and laurence so much and you know i love you both so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a wonderful compliment Tina! I love you too.
    Happy New Year to you and your family may you all find peace, love, and happiness.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Years to you and Laurence as well. Wish I lived closer...I would have you both over and we could celebrate! One day we will do that for sure when we retire to sd, promise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using your favorite word...S-W-E-E-T!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, as always, an inspiration.
    I was feeling a little down last night, and remembered your blog.
    It was just the pick-up I needed (along with some Fresh Diet cheesecake :-) )
    I hope we can meet in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melissa,
    Happy New Year. We all have our moments. I'm very happy You remembered me and that I came through for you somehow. That really is my goal. It would be great meeting you sometime.
    May you be blessed this new year.
    xo
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol, you are one of MY inspirations! Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your welcome, Trevor. May the New Year bring you all the blessings you deserve. Make it all happen, it's in your hands, my friend.
    xo
    Carol

    ReplyDelete