Monday, December 27, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR...2011




HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
It's here 2011. I always feel so excited when a New Year arrives! A new chance to start over and try to make my life a little better.
I've made a few New Year's resolutions and plan to work at them throughout the whole year.
One is to stay positive. 
Most of us want to be positive. It increases our well-being. It's certainly advantageous to possess a sunny outlook. Doors open for optimists. We make friends, earn respect, others enjoy and want to be like them. It even makes us healthier. Keep those thoughts positive. If you think you can do it, you will. 
It also helps to be around positive people, attitudes are contagious. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. Someone told me once that I was always only one choice away from changing my life.
The thing is, how can we be consistent?
You and I know it's not that easy! The key is to keep managing your attitude. The word to remember is : REINFORCE!  People often say that motivation doesn't last, neither does bathing, that's why it's recommended every day!

 Another resolution I plan to keep, and speaking of reinforcement, I'll have plenty.
I'm referring to my health and diet. It's starts with eating properly. I've made steps already to remain on THE FRESH DIET all year. THE FRESH DIET Company is my reinforcement. Chef Yoseph Schwartz will make sure that I'll have optimum nutrition for good health and to keep my weight where it should be

This will all be done with Fresh Gourmet nutritious meals. It may be one of the easiest resolutions to keep! Nevertheless an important one. Next month will be my ONE YEAR anniversary on THE FRESH DIET.
It has managed to keep me at my desired weight, it has decreased my carb cravings, increased my energy levels and improved my mental clarity.

Another avenue of reinforcement will come from The Fresh Diet Facebook page. All my Fresh Diet friends are caring people offering encouragement and support. We stand by each other in difficult times, as well as when we are strong. We are all pulling together for a common good. 

New Years is also time for Introspection. Go ahead, evaluate your life and think about what you want to achieve. But remember: CONTEMPLATE, DON'T RUMINATE.

These two mental processes represent separate but unequal ways to engage in introspection, the examination of one's own thoughts and feelings.

Self-CONTEMPLATION entails a relatively accurate analysis of previous events, current concerns, and future desires. Over time, this is associated with greater self-knowledge and emotional health. In contrast, RUMINATION consists of an intense focus on real or imagined negative events usually considered to be out of one's control, which in turn seems to amplify anxiety, depression, and social unease.  

Men and women who favor self-CONTEMPLATION are described as compassionate, dependable, productive, and insightful about themselves; those who RUMINATE often come across as fearful, moody, nervous, defensive, and self-pitying.

Self-CONTEMPLATION ushers in a flair for flexibly adjusting to difficult situations, whereas RUMINATION goes hand in hand with inflexible, maladaptive responses to stress.

I will also remember The following advice I've had tucked away in my memory for years. It probably came from one of the nuns many many years ago when I was a child in school. It goes like this: "How simple it is to see that all the worry in the world cannot control the future. How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now. And that there will never be a time when it is not now."

Here's to the bright New Year
and a fond farewell to the old;
here's to the things that are yet to come
and to the memories that we hold.
May you realize your fondest dreams
and take time to recognize and enjoy
each and every blessing.
All the best,
Carol



3 comments:

  1. very nice post Carol. I just love seeing what you have to say here (as well as on our FD facebook page). You always have such a "happy" spin on things.

    Thank you so for sharing with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!
    Your photos are beautiful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kat and Melissa, those are wonderful compliments. There's so much beauty around us how can we not be filled with joy.

    ReplyDelete