Saturday, December 4, 2010

A NEW YEAR IS COMING!



Here it is December 2010 already. This year took wings! Lots has happened this year, good, sad, happy and exciting, and of course I've grown a year younger. oops! Did I say a year younger! 
You heard right, I did! Let's not dwell on the sad, tears, and gloom parts but the happy and exciting parts. Especially the growing younger part. I'll let you in on my little secret.

Earlier this year in February, I got an e-mail from a company called THE FRESH DIET. It sounded intriguing. The word FRESH got my attention. 
It was telling me about Gourmet Dieting in the comfort of my own home. I read about meals delivered fresh daily, not weekly. Never frozen, never freeze dried, never vacuum-packed like other programs I had read about. Those just turned me off. 

This one sounded altogether different. It includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks. Wow! Now, did that mean no more grocery runs, no cooking or food prep and wondering what to have to eat today or tomorrow or next week! 
I had to find out more about this program. The more I learned the more I wanted to try it. I found out that when I join the program, I get to make my own meal selections and chose delivery times online. If I have any questions or need any assistance at all, someone is always there to help toll-free 24/7. 
The program can be adapted to special needs. It's all about optimal nutrition, not just weight loss.

The more I read the more I wanted it. I could even chose a plan with unlimited dislikes, and could choose meals for the day from a list of 4 breakfast, lunch, and dinner choices, 6 choices of sides and 6 choices of snacks. All gourmet and based on Dr. Sears' Zone Diet's nutritionally balanced way of eating.
What made me finally pick up the phone was reading that the menus are created by a Cordon Bleu Chef, Executive Chef Yosef Schwartz 0f the world-renowned Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute. ALRIGHT! No more frozen boring Lean Cuisines for me that I was getting sick of on the days I was too busy to cook.

I was more tempted to dial the number 1-866-373-7450. I finally read that it was designed to promote lean body mass.  If it could do that to this 60 something yr. old body, I'm game. Weight loss. Bingo....menopause had put pounds on me I thought would permanently make me look like an old dumpy woman. Decreased carbohydrate craving. I won't even go there! Lowered blood sugar levels, increased energy levels and improved mental clarity. I thought all this and gourmet fresh food, no more work in the kitchen. Okay, my fingers started dialing. 
The first impression, I got was how Customer Service was so helpful. They were not pushy. They answered all my questions. After speaking to them, I knew I was doing the right thing trying out this program. During the whole year, customer service agents were always there when I needed them, always friendly, always helpful. I usually deal with the same one and she always greets me like an old friend and happy to hear from me, ready to help.

On Feb. 8th I started with THE FRESH DIET. Little did I know, it would be the beginning of a wonderful year for me.
I was so excited and a little nervous for that first cooler bag to arrive. When I saw it, I felt happy as a little kid on her birthday. I saw it as a really great special gift. I still do at the end of this wonderful year.
The food is EVERYTHING they said it would be gourmet fresh and quality produce, meats/fish/chicken. I'm so spoiled now, after having a gourmet chef preparing my meals all year. I've lost the 25 pounds menopause put on in about 2 1/2 months! TFD has given me a lean younger looking body, my curves are back. I've even gotten whistles on the street at my age! Wow! I have more energy, I'm healthier, don't ever feel tired any more from lack of good nutrition. I feel younger! I went from a size 12 to a 2 & 4! Can you imagine how I felt slipping into size 4 jeans!!! WOW! The Fresh Diet has kept my weight off all year and taught me all about nutrition and portion control and how important it is to drink water.
I don't have the cravings I used to get and I feel satisfied. I always look forward to my FRESH DIET cooler bag every day and greet it with a smile from ear to ear. It's always exciting to unzip the bag and take out my containers of meals and snacks. It's exciting to know my meals are all nutritious and I don't have to lift a finger to prepare them. No more grocery runs, no more food prep, no cooking, no clean-up. No worries about what to eat today or tomorrow or next week!! More time for my man, my garden, my art, and exercise. I love the outdoors and love walking in different places everyday. More time for anything I want to do.

 We are about to start a NEW YEAR. 2011 is only weeks away. I bet you know what one of my NEW YEAR'S resolution is! YES to another year of THE FRESH DIET. Thanks to the really great sale they had of $29.99!
If you check out their Facebook page you'll see that they are a really generous company. They are always having contests for anyone who wants to join in and win FREE days, weeks, and months of THE FRESH DIET. The contests are so easy and fun. The people on their Facebook page are wonderful, caring and some very funny. Jim Gilbert of the FRESH DIET is called our "Fearless TFD Leader". He's a peach! Always willing to help and mans the TFD Facebook. It has a "family" feel to it. You even get to hear from Chef Yosef Shwartz, and the CEO Zalmi Dutchman as well as the others. Customer service agents peek in too and leave comments. Everyone is encouraging and ready to help people peeking in. All are welcome.

I'm looking forward to a NEW YEAR and continuing with my FRESH DIET plan and feeling still younger despite another year. Why don't you join me. You won't regret it! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!




8 comments:

  1. I love it. I am so very glad that I too found the Fresh Diet page and plan. For that I have to thank Donna, not only did it open up a whole new world for me as far as food was concerned but I have met some wonderful new friends. I do count you and Laurence among those new friends.

    Don't forget to check out my page on Monday - I have a Fresh Diet post that doesn't relate to my daily meals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Donna. I've met many friends, you included, too. It has enriched my life.
    I'll be sure to check your blog on monday. I'm intrigued! You do have a way with words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were my first Fresh Diet friend, Carol! I'm like a kid on Christmas morning every day when my Fresh Diet bag arrives. I never get over being excited!
    Your blog is very encouraging to me, and I would like to add a link to it on my blog, if it's okay with you. restandmotion-storylady.blogspot.com
    Thanks!
    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Melissa, that's a very nice compliment. You most certainly add the link to your blog. I would love to check yours out too and if it's ok add it to mine.
    Good luck with THE FRESH DIET, it has done wonders for me.
    All the best,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this blog!
    BTW Carol, I think you meant to thank Kathie for her post but you said "Donna". Maybe because she thanked me for showing her TFD way.

    I am so thankful for all of my FD friends.

    Donna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I did! I'm so sorry Kat!! I guess when you mentioned Donna, it stuck in my head!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol, some day I want to take a peek in your dish cabinet! All so beautiful and that is before you put that wonderful TFD food on them! Here is to a wonderful cheesecake full, fresh and most of all, healthy 2011 for our little TFD@facebook family!
    Trevor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Trevor,
    As you can see, I love little pretty dishes and collect them along the way. a few my old aunt gave me. She also loved pretty little plates.I love sunny happy colors!
    I think you and I are the Cheesecake King & Queen! Did you know that TFD has 25 flavors! What a party that would be surrounded by every flavor on pretty little dishes!

    ReplyDelete