Monday, March 28, 2011

The Fresh Diet Meals Review & Photos of Monday, Mar. 28, 2011

  "IN THE BAG"
First I have to mention this: Why am I not smiling in this picture! GEESH!!

MONDAY MAR. 28 MENU
BREAKFAST
I wanted oatmeal for this morning, so I choose The Fresh Diet's very delicious HAWAIIAN STYLE OATMEAL With PINEAPPLE & TOASTED COCONUT FLAKES. This one is one of my favorite Fresh Diet oatmeals. I love it because it's has fresh pineapple & coconut. With this combination, I can just imagine myself on a beautiful Island, maybe Maui or Fiji or some exotic place. This beautiful exotic flower came with my oatmeal! My Chef Ray Ruiz is such a nice man. I call him my chef because he's like my own personal chef. This food is always so fresh and good. I feel like he prepared it in my own kitchen. Today the oatmeal was delicious and satisfying as always. It carried me over until lunch.

LUNCH
Surprise!!! I had what I chose for Dinner for my lunch. The reason being that I took off and went for a hike in the Santa Rosa and San Jacinto Mountains in the desert. I had chosen a burger for lunch but dinner was better eaten cold than the burger was.


Of course, I took this dinner out of the container to photograph it, so you could see how beautiful this dinner looked. Before I packed it back into the container, I heated the sauce to thin it out. That worked out beautifully! I then put it in my TFD bag along with my snack and the ice packs. At the site, I planned on putting it in my backpack with the ice packs, along with water. This is TURKEY BREAST CUTLETS With ROASTED PEPPER & SHALLOT SAUCE With CILANTRO ROASTED YELLOW TOMATO And SAUTEED RUBY SWISS CHARD. 
The turkey & sauce was actually very tasty cold, no different than if it was put in a salad. The turkey was extremely tender! I enjoyed every "morsure". Of course tomatoes are always good cold and these had a little cilantro spark to them. The chard is one of my favorite greens hot or cold.....so I enjoyed this meal in the great beautiful outdoors of the desert mountains. I didn't have to fight a mountain lion for it. Kept my eyes open though. Having this for lunch on the trail kept me very satisfied all afternoon.

SNACK
This snack was RASPBERRY VANILLA PUDDING. This was very refreshing outdoors and it was so smooth and creamy. I love the Fresh Diet puddings. It just had a little bit of raspberries but it was big on flavor. I'm just happy I didn't have to share it with any mountain beast.

DINNER
Now you can see why I saved this one for dinner instead of lunch! this is THAI TURKEY BURGER On WHOLE WHEAT CIABATTA With SAUTEED BOK-CHOY & PEANUT SAUCE. First thing I did is put the roll in the toaster, wrap the burger & bok-choy in wax paper and heated it in the micro.. .about 25 seconds on one side and turned it over & 20 seconds again. Built the burger back up with the peanut sauce and then sat back to enjoy a taste of heaven!! This is one of my favorite burgers. I love the seeded crunchy roll with a little bit of a chew....so french! The burger itself is spicy tasty scrumptious. The bok-choy is usually brighter green and crunchier, the way I like it, but today it was more cooked, but it didn't take away from anything. The peanut sauce....well....chèr, what can I say, "C'est très très bon!"

Dessert
PINEAPPLE CHEESE CAKE. Creamy, smooth tasty and delicious, what more can I say, except that I have been enjoying this dessert the whole time I've been writing this review!! Hahahaha!!! I love to tease you! Please excuse me while I have my last yummy bite, or as the french say, "Ma dernière morsure délicieuse." 

The Fresh Diet meals today as you can see were great. Along with this, I drank more than 2 qts. of water, and have done my exercise. Hopefully you have done the same.  I shall see you all on TUESDAY. We'll have a good time then.
xoxo
Carol












2 comments:

  1. Carol you had me drooling. The food which I also ate was absolutely scrumptious and the view of your trek was breath taking. Enjoyed the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The Fresh Diet does have very good food and it works! It was beautiful up there with panoramic views!

    ReplyDelete