Wednesday, March 30, 2011

THE Fresh Diet Meals Review & Photos of Wednesday, Mar. 30, 2011

IN THE BAG

From the look of those containers and menus, you could say,  I love The Fresh Diet! The stack of menus I now have is much bigger. This was one of the photos taken several months ago for a Poster Contest. No,  I didn't win it. It wasn't dramatic enough. Well, I tried, hahaha! Those containers were a one week supply for two of us. They get recycled every week.

It's so easy to stay "in the bag"! The Fresh Diet does their best in providing us with nutritious and gourmet meals. Are you enjoying this contest as much as I am? 
You have all been wonderful staying exclusively "in the bag",  drinking your 2 qts of water and exercising so far.  By the end of the 7-day contest you will be closer to your goal. I'm very proud of you, my friends. 

If you find you're starting to slip, check out some of my blog entries here for inspirational help. Give out a shout for help on TFD Facebook and you'll get lots of encouragement there too. You're not alone on TFD. We're a family that help one another. Sometimes we do get "silly".  Laughing is so good for us that I even did a blog just on "TFD & Belly Laughs".

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.

Today, I chose a few lighter options for my meals. 

BREAKFAST

This is FRESH FRUIT SALAD With PINEAPPLE, STRAWBERRY, ORANGE, WATERMELON, BLUEBERRY & COTTAGE CHEESE. The Fresh Diet always offers very FRESH fruit, as you can see in this photo. The blueberries were big and sweet, as were the pineapples. The strawberries were perfect, similar to the ones I could buy down the hill from my house at the strawberry farm. I enjoyed the oranges and watermelon and cottage cheese as well.  
I find The fruit salad always puts me in a good frame of mind. It's so colorful and festive as well as delicious. It's a good way to start my busy day.

LUNCH


Doesn't this look good! My lunch choice was TURKEY SOUVLAKI on WHOLE WHEAT LAVASH WRAP With CUCUMBER SPEARS & TZATZIKI SAUCE. I usually grill my wraps. This one I removed the filling to just crisp up the bread a little because it's open at both ends. I grill it just enough so I can still fill & fold it. I just tossed the turkey cubes on the grill for a minute to heat them up. I then built the wrap with the sauce ( which was in a separate container), cukes and turkey. The cucumbers were very crunchy fresh, such a cool veggie. I love them. They go well with the sauce and the spicy-peppery turkey. This wrap is spicy and tasty, another favorite of mine.

SNACK


I was in the sunny garden when I had this snack. It was very refreshing. FRESH BERRIES & PINEAPPLE with STRAWBERRY YOGURT. The Fresh Diet Yogurt is always very good, satisfies my craving for a good yogurt. Just look at those berries, mmmmm, I savored every one. 
Reminds me of the wild berries that were out back in our yard when we lived in Massachusetts. It was wooded back there with lots of berries, along with rabbits, woodchucks, deer, wild turkeys and more!

While I was eating these, today,  the berries brought back memories of my Grandmère. My mother's mother. She only spoke french, as did my parents for the most part.  She loved berry picking out in the woods and sometimes when we were little she would take us. We would pick buckets full. She'd bring them home for homemade, pies, muffins, jams, etc. I loved her! She was so funny, and fun to be with. I miss you Mémère. We had some good times. Rest in Peace.

DINNER

GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST with RED WINE & SHALLOT REDUCTION SAUCE with CARROT TARRAGON MASH and SAUTEED WAX BEANS was my choice for dinner. Good choice! The chicken was tender and the sauce & shallots brought a little sweet taste to it, mmmmm, OUI! Très très bon! I've got to say that I really enjoy all the Fresh Diet's mashes. I love the taste of tarragon in this one. The wax beans were very fresh and cooked just the way I like, NOT over-cooked! This was a wonderful meal. 
Do you see that rose above the plate? I cut that one from the huge rose bush by my front door. What you see is just a bud! When it opens it gets enormous.  Bigger than my hand. The bush gets taller than my house in the summer. It's not a climber. It's an old rose with a trunk-like base. It was such a beautiful sunny day today. I enjoyed puttering in my garden. I've got more garden work to do tomorrow, I found two snails on that rose bud. 

DESSERT


Here we go again! I know, I just can't help myself. I chose a piece of cheese cake for dessert! This one is Passion Fruit Cheese Cake. Once more I found it to be creamy, smooth and délicieux.  Look at this,  don't you just want a bite right this moment! 
I Photographed this earlier today and took a small bite, before putting it back in the fridge. I HAD to,  so I could write this review this evening.

You won't believe this, Laurence just called out to me,  just now,  to take his cheese cake out of the fridge, to let it sit for a few minutes. He likes his closer to room temperature. It seems even creamier that way. Since it's almost 7:30 in the P.M. I guess I don't have to wait any longer to devour mine.

He's calling out to me, AGAIN.  Now he wants me to watch the sunset. He says it's beautiful! Well! I guess I better take my cheese cake and go watch the sunset with him.

I'll see you tomorrow on The Fresh Diet page.  Let me know in the morning if you're "in the bag" and we'll have a good time then.

xoxo
Carol










No comments:

Post a Comment