Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Fresh Diet Meals Review & Photos of Tuesday, Mar. 29, 2011

"IN THE BAG"

No! I didn't go into the jungle today. This is just a palm tree in my backyard! I can't believe I forgot to put make-up on for this photo. Oh boy, am I slipping! This is what I get for rushing. 

Hopefully you all stayed "in the bag" today.  No! Not that bag, the Fresh Diet bag! Don't forget to drink lots of water and to exercise. I've been a very good girl, drinking my water and I did my core exercises this morning out in the fresh air of my garden. Laying there on my mat, I had a great panoramic view of the blue sky and wispy clouds moving by. It was exhilarating doing my exercises this way, except for the fact that I had to fight Lily for space on my mat the whole time! If she wasn't trying to cuddle up when I was on my side trying to do  the hip/leg lift with ankle weights, she'd lie on my mat under my legs while I had my knees bent doing the lumbar pelvic tilt. When I finally scooted her away. She amused herself licking my face. 
Much later in the afternoon, I finally gave her what she wanted. We went out for an hour walk. I've accumulated almost 12,000 steps on my pedometer so far and the night is still young.

I'm having some of my Papaya Cheese Cake as I'm writing this and I couldn't wait until the end of this review to show and tell. Can you see just how creamy this looks! Oh Chef Ray, you are spoiling me! I love it! It's just perfect! What a great DESSERT.  


Now on to... 
BREAKFAST


I chose for today TOASTED GRANOLA With DICED PEARS & HONEY ALMOND RICOTTA CHEESE. This is absolutely heaven! This breakfast is like having dessert, or like eating crunchy oatmeal cookies. Oh làlà, this is probably why I LIKE it so much. It's the best granola I've ever had, and I've tasted many. The pears were nice and fresh. I enjoyed them, I love all kinds of fruit.
The ricotta is a favorite with me, and this honey almond one was just super. Look at Monday's flower it's still beautiful. Waking up to this breakfast was pure joy, it put a smile on my face.

LUNCH


Doesn't this look mouthwatering! This is RUBEN STYLE DELI WRAP With SMOKED TURKEY BREAST, SWISS CHEESE, BABY LETTUCE & THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING. It was such a beautiful day I had to enjoy this scrumptious lunch in the gazebo by the garden. I first grilled it to brown and toast the wrap a bit. It's so good that way. There was a lot of fresh lettuce in this, so when I bit down into this wrap it was crunching. Now that is fresh lettuce! The swiss cheese was very buttery and good, mmmm! To top it all off the turkey and dressing just made it all such a sweet memory.
 It wasn't so easy photographing this, because grilling it brought out some delicious aromas and it drove Lily absolutely craaazyy. She kept jumping all over me!! I nearly dropped it! 
SNACK


Another winner! WHOLE WHEAT BEEF RAVIOLI With SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO was a thrill to try for the first time. I usually don't eat beef but on The Fresh Diet, I've been trying just about everything. Doesn't this look special! These would be gone in a minute at a cocktail party.  This little munchkin had a lot of tasty beef filling. This combination of flavors was a culinary delight!

DINNER


This scrumptious dish is GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST With APRICOT CURRY SAUCE With STEAMED SPAGHETTI  SQUASH & STEAMED ASPARAGUS. The asparagus are a favorite of mine and The Fresh Diet cooks them just the way I like it,  a colorful green with a nice crunch. I never had this kind of squash before. TFD has such a variety of foods, it gives me the opportunity to try something new.  A variety of foods is good for the body. I found this squash to be quite tasty. I'll definitely invite this back on my table. The sauce made this grilled chicken just amazing! Of course, apricot is tops with me, add curry and you have gourmet chicken with an exotic taste.
My compliments to Chef Ray on another wonderful day's feast.

This concludes my review of Tuesday's meals. Remember you are what you eat and TFD will make sure your body gets the proper nutrients. All you have to do is ENJOY!
See you tomorrow and we'll have a lot of fun then.
xoxo
Carol











3 comments:

  1. You are that beautiful in full sunlight without makeup?
    My father always said, "We end up with the face we've earned."
    In your case, he was right! You are the picture of healthy living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well my spaghetti squash never looked like that one!
    Thanks for doing this since I am having trouble keeping up with my meal posts. Going to try to do one big one for the last 2 weeks tonight (if I get home at a decent time)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sweet of you Melissa.
    Mary Kay Ash once said:
    From birth to 14, a woman needs good parents and good health.
    From 14 to 40, she needs good looks.
    From 40 -60, she needs personality.
    From 60 on, she needs cash!
    I'm over 60 and no cash, but I do have The Fresh Diet and so far as I know my health, so I just might make it.

    ReplyDelete